Beginning Jan. 1, the University of Nebraska's standard mileage rate for the use of a personal car is now 29 cents per mile, up 4 cents from the rate in 2019.
The standard mileage rate is based on an annual study of the fixed and variable costs of operating a university fleet automobile. The 2020 rate was calculated as shown below:
- Enterprise standard size sedan rental with tax - $39.60 - A
- Miles per gallon for vehicle class - 29 - B
- Average miles driven (University average) - 201 - C
- Gallons consumed - 6.931 - D (C/B)
- AAA national price per gallon (as of 12/1/2019) - $2.57 - E
- Cost of fuel - $17.81 - F (D X E)
- Cost per day - $57.41 - G (A + F)
- Calculated personal mileage rate - $0.29 - (G / C) For questions, employees may contact the University of Nebraska's Office of the Vice President for Business and Finance at (402) 472-2191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.