Brian Maass is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Brian Maass
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor and digital technologies librarian, McGoogan Library of Medicine
- User experience and accessibility in digital and physical environments
- Data visualization (as well as Data audiation and Data haptization)
- Emerging technology
How I fell in love with librarianship:
I have always felt compelled to find answers to any question that I hear. I like to learn and to help others find what they need. By every measure, communities are better when everyone has access to information and opportunities to grow. Libraries were built on equality, entrepreneurship, and the common good, and have continued to update services in these areas into the 2lst century.
- Master of Library and Information Science, University of Missouri, Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts, journalism, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- American Library Association
- Association of College & Research Libraries
- Library Information Technology Association
- Nebraska Library Association
- Nebraska Educational Technology Association
Three things people may not know about me:
- I have had over 1.5 million frequent flyer miles.
- I was born right here in Clarkson Hospital. We've both grown a lot since then.
- I spent a lot of time in record and CD stores collecting 100 hours of cover songs, just in time for most of them to be easily available online.