UNMC faculty, staff and students are invited to come together virtually and participate in this week's Virtual Values week celebration.
Virtual Values Week provides an opportunity for the UNMC community to not only strengthen their commitment and understanding of the UNMC ITEACH Values, but also inspire, re-energize and encourage one another along the way.
Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., and several UNMC leaders will participate in each of the sessions. You don't want to miss the incredible activities and poignant messages prepared to awaken our commitment and reflect on who we are and why we are here. Come and share your story and learn how we all contribute to our mission of leading the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
To kick off the week's activities, members of the UNMC community are encouraged to take a few moments to send a colleague(s) an e-card from the People Are Everything (PAE) platform. "With everything going on in the world right now, we felt starting the week off with an activity that implements the Teamwork and Healing values would really help set the tone for the rest of the week said Giovanni Jones, employee training and development specialist. Instructions on how to access and post on the PAE platform can be found here.
Each daily activity will feature one or more of the ITEACH values:
You can view the rest of the week's activities below. Zoom links can be found on the UNMC events calendar.
Tuesday, June 16
- UNMC MedTalks (9 a.m., Zoom): Bring your breakfast or coffee and join us for a special virtual UNMC MedTalk. You'll hear about accountability, healing, innovation, teamwork and excellence in action while you learn from our courageous colleagues. Topics include meeting of the minds, synergy alliance, I Connect, moving virtually, and super (Wo)men.
- Calling all home chefs (All day, UNMC Instagram): We want to see what you've been cooking up these past few weeks. Share a photo of a quick and easy meal you've created or a photo of your favorite go-to snack with us to share on our Instagram. Photos and recipes can be sent to Aurelie Villard.
Wednesday, June 17 - Wellness Wednesday
Let's get creative and more accountable about our personal health and well-being. When we courageously step outside of our comfort zone and try new things our level of excellence grows. Try a new workout class, go back and enjoy a past Meditation or Yoga session or join us for a wellness talk. See below for different activities you can participate in today.
- Intermittent Fasting webinar (9 a.m., Zoom)
- Xtreme Hip Hop Step (Noon, Zoom) *Family Friendly
- DanceFit (3 p.m., Zoom) *Family Friendly
- Meditation and Yoga (Anytime, BHECN website)
Thursday, June 18
- Revamping your budget (10 a.m., and noon, Zoom): When it comes to budgeting let's face those things we don't do well, look at new ways to improve old habits, and adapt new ways of thinking for personal and corporate accountability for the betterment of us all. Join banking representative Amanda Schroeder as she provides us with new tips to stay on the right track with our budgeting.
Friday, June 19
- Excellence in Action (All day, Instagram and PAE platform): Show the world you're UNMC proud! Excellence is not merely how we complete a project, it is who we are. Post a picture of you wearing your UNMC Apparel for us to post on our Instagram or post it on the PAE platform. Photos can be submitted to Aurelie Villard.
- Move Challenge (All day, Instagram and PAE platform): You don't have to be an athlete, or own the latest athletic shoes to participate in the move challenge. Open to all employees, the Move challenge will build camaraderie while participating in activities that suit your interest. You can run, walk, dance, hula hoop, or try something new, it's up to you. Just don't forget to share your photos and videos with us, so we can share them on our social channels. Photos and videos can be sent to Aurelie Villard.
- Meeting of the Minds: Virtual Social Hour (4:30 p.m., Zoom): Laughter is truly the best medicine. Join us for a time of healing while you cheer your colleagues and their family members on during our employee variety show. This family and pet friendly activity will highlight members of the UNMC community as they show off their talents. Those interested in showcasing their talents can still sign up.
Throughout the week (Monday - Friday)
- BINGO: Complete one or all three of our UNMC BINGO cards for a chance to win a prize. Submit your completed cards to Kelsey Scroggin by 3 p.m. on Friday, June 19. Winners to be notified via email next week.
- Community Connect, People Are Everything Platform: Do you like prizes? Tune into the People Are Everything platform for an opportunity to connect and engage with your fellow peers. There will be a daily prompt posted by 8 a.m. in the Rec Room and anyone who participates will be entered into a daily prize drawing. Winners will be notified via email next week.
Event questions can be directed to Giovanni Jones, employee training and development specialist.