Family members of UNMC and Nebraska Medicine faculty, staff, physicians and colleagues are invited to join UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, MD, and Nebraska Medicine CEO Jim Linder, MD, for a town hall forum from 6 to 7 p.m. today. A similar town hall was also held on April 21.
Tonight's agenda includes:
- Welcome and introduction: Drs. Gold and Linder
- Pandemic Updates
- Testing: Steven Hinrichs, MD, chair of the UNMC Department of Pathology and Microbiology
- Current Overview and Prevention: Mark Rupp, MD, chief of the UNMC Division of Infectious Diseases
- Regional Response: Shelly Schwedhelm, executive director of Emergency Preparedness and Infectious Diseases
- Questions and Answers: All panelists
- Closing thoughts: Drs. Gold and Linder
To submit a question in advance, use this link.
Is it true that as schools open it is even more important that we be more careful in other aspects of our lives, or can we all let up a bit since the kids are being exposed anyway? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/28/opinion/coronavirus-schools-tradeoffs.html?referringSource=articleShare&fbclid=IwAR3XUe9mUTSffuhJ0oeFLqdSynQlED5kvHqGlkA4vR5-62LOv4e1I72CRWU