Nebraska Medicine has begun providing influenza vaccinations to patients and soon will be offering the annual vaccine to colleagues.
Typically, employee flu vaccinations become available in late September or early October. The organization is waiting for its employee vaccinations to arrive, and anticipates they will be available soon.
If you have received your influenza vaccination at an alternate location (i.e. primary care provider, local drug store/grocery store), please document this in the influenza database.
When employee flu vaccines arrive and clinics set up, information will be shared on when, where and how to get your flu shot. Watch UNMC Today for details.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, a number of process changes are being implemented for the flu clinics to ensure we keep everyone safe from exposure.
Safety precautions include:
- Optimizing colleague flow through each vaccination clinic;
- Creating a way to schedule and reserve vaccine times to ensure proper distancing;
- A flu clinic is being piloted as a trial run for these new processes with select departments being notified from their leadership
- Asking clinical areas to administer vaccines when colleagues are working their shift;
- Evaluating options for offsite clinics, for those working remotely; and
- Ensuring proper environmental flow and cleanliness during clinics to maintain distancing and reduction of transmission risk.