Brett Duncan, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Brett Duncan, MD
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Aortic disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Aortic and mitral valve disease
- Surgical electrophysiology
How I fell in love with surgery: My interest in surgery definitely had some family influence. But the opportunity to work with your hands to make an impact on people's lives is what really drew me toward surgery. The relationship between a surgeon and their patients is incredibly intimate and involves a significant amount of trust that you are going to help them get better.
- BSEE, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2005
- MD, UNMC, 2010
- Residency, general surgery, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, 2017
- Fellowship, cardiothoracic surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2019
- Fellowship, advanced adult cardiac and aortic surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2020
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
Three things people may not know about me:
- Husband, father to two (very soon three) daughters.
- I played high school, juniors and college hockey.
- Yes, Kim Duncan is my father.
Heart and Vascular Clinic
Durham Outpatient Center
4400 Emile St. Omaha, Nebraska
For appointments and referrals: 402-559-4424