Beginning Monday, the medical center community will have another option for lunch.
Sodexo has announced a pilot program to bring food trucks to campus during the week.
A different food truck will be on campus weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and be assigned one of two locations: outside the Durham Research Tower II or in Lot 13, which is north of the UNMC Ice Rink and between the East Utility Plant and the Center for Nursing Science.
"We're excited to pilot this lunchtime option, especially as we are encouraging the campus community to physically distance during the pandemic," said Thomas Hoffman, director of food and nutrition, Sodexo, with Nebraska Medicine. "This is an opportunity to support local businesses and provide the campus with additional food options."
The line-up for the week of Sept. 28 -- and location of each truck -- is
- Monday, Sept. 28 - Mobile Grace, Durham Research Tower II
- Tuesday, Sept. 29 - StreetSide Foods, Lot 13
- Wednesday, Sept. 30 - Street Eats, Durham Research Tower II
- Thursday, Oct. 1 - La Casa Pizzeria, Lot 13
- Friday, Oct. 2 - Mosaic Pickle, Durham Research Tower II (menu changes daily)
The schedule will continue as outlined above, but is subject to change.
For all campus dining options, visit the Sodexo website.