David Nordin, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC
- Name: David Nordin, MD
- Hometown: South Haven, Michigan
- Title and department at UNMC: Instructor, UNMC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
- Primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty, including direct anterior hip arthroplasty
How I fell in love with orthopaedics: I grew up in a family of engineers and always loved putting things back together. During my college years, I spent much of my time outside the classroom in service work and eventually took a couple of years off to pursue fulltime faith-based service to the youth and the underserved and discovered that, while I still loved the sciences, I needed to put that love at the service of others.
- MD, Indiana University School of Medicine, 2004-2008
- Residency, orthopaedics, University of Minnesota, 2008-2013
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Three things people may not know about me:
- I studied the classics in college.
- My first year in orthopaedic practice was running an ambulatory surgery center in Honduras.
- My wife and I met on an outdoor cabin weekend in Duluth, Minnesota, and continue to spend whatever vacation time we get canoe camping or cross country skiing near the Canadian border.