The 2020 UNMC Employee Giving campaign will begin in a few short weeks.
This year's campaign will look a little different. Due to COVID-19 we've seen a rise in need for support for our community, so in addition to the annual United Way campaign, the UNMC community will have the option to direct funds to the Community Services Fund and the University of Nebraska Foundation.
Once again, UNMC has a goal of 50% employee participation.
"You may ask why we would consider hosting a giving campaign this year given our current state, and the answer is simple. The economic impact due to the disease itself has left our community vulnerable and our fellow Nebraskans are in desperate need of our help" said Jeffrey P. Gold, MD, chancellor of UNMC. "We know times are tough and that's why it's not the size of one's donation that matters, but more so that we join together in participating, and let our community know we are all standing behind them."
Here are some facts about this year's campaign:
- Begins Nov. 2 and runs through Nov. 30. Employees will receive an email. In this email, employees will click on the link(s) of which fund(s) they wish to donate to.
Employees have the option to direct their contributions to any of the following organizations:
- United Way of the Midlands, which supports a variety of human-service program providers across the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. United Way-supported programs create life-changing opportunities by meeting the basic needs of the area's most vulnerable populations, supporting children during their academic years and helping to prepare young people for productive careers. Click here to view a list of supported programs.
- Community Services Fund of Nebraska, which connects donors to the causes they care about most. With more than 60 non-profit agencies to choose from, you can determine where your money goes. A list of supported agencies can be found here.
- University of Nebraska Foundation - UNMC funds. These funds directly support the UNMC community. Donors may direct their support toward any of 15 separate funds, which range from student/employee disaster relief, research support and college specific innovation. More information on these funds can be found here.
Incentives for 2020:
This year, UNMC has a goal of 50% employee participation. To help meet our campus goal, incentives are being offered.
- Those who pledge at least $10 total will be eligible to win a prize each week of the campaign. Donations made by Fridays at 3 p.m. qualify for that week's drawing, as well as subsequent drawings.
- The earlier you donate the better chance you have at winning.
- Drawing winners will be notified via email.
For questions regarding this year's campaign, please contact Kelsey Scroggin.