The 2020 UNMC United Way campaign kicks off today and will run through Nov. 30.
Due to COVID-19, we have seen a rise in the need to support our community. This year, in addition to the annual United Way campaign, the UNMC community will have the option to direct funds to the Community Services Fund and the University of Nebraska Foundation.
Once again, UNMC has a goal of 50% employee participation.
It's easy to give!
- UNMC employees can pledge online through an efficient, secure system using your UNMC eServ (formerly ESS) username and password.
- Once logged in, click on the organization(s) you would like to donate to.
- Click the "red" link to donate to the United Way of the Midlands
- Click the "blue" link to donate to the Community Service Fund of Nebraska
- Click the "black" link to donate to the University of Nebraska Foundation
- Employees can give by credit card on the online giving site, as well as through payroll deduction, cash or check.
- Campaign pledges, which can be made through UNMC's payroll deduction, are automatically withdrawn beginning in January.
Employees have the option to direct their contributions to any of the following organizations:
- United Way of the Midlands, which supports a variety of human-service program providers across the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. United Way-supported programs create life-changing opportunities by meeting the basic needs of the area's most vulnerable populations, supporting children during their academic years and helping to prepare young people for productive careers. Click here to view a list of supported programs.
- Community Services Fund of Nebraska, which connects donors to the causes they care about most. With more than 60 non-profit agencies to choose from, you can determine where your money goes. A list of supported agencies can be found here.
- University of Nebraska Foundation-UNMC funds. These funds directly support the UNMC community. Donors may direct their support toward any of 15 separate funds, which range from student/employee disaster relief, research support and college specific innovation. More information on these funds can be found here.
Incentives for 2020:
- Those who pledge at least $10 total will be eligible to win a prize each week of the campaign. Donations made by Fridays at 3 p.m. qualify for that week's drawing, as well as subsequent drawings.
- The earlier you donate the better chance you have at winning.
- Drawing winners will be notified via email.
For questions regarding this year's campaign, please contact Kelsey Scroggin.