The annual Gifford-Truhlsen Conference: Current Concepts in Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences will be held virtually Friday and Saturday.
The conference will update participants in the current management across a broad range of ophthalmic conditions including cornea, glaucoma, global blindness prevention, medical education, neuro-ophthalmology, ocular pathology, ocular surface disorders, oculoplastic, pediatric ophthalmology, retina, and visual rehabilitation. In addition, the conference will present updates on the state-of-the-art vision science research that support collaborative opportunities to further understand disease processes and their clinical care.
UNMC's Ronald Krueger, MD, McGaw Professor and chair of the UNMC Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences and director of the Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute, is the conference director. Featured keynote speakers include:
- Steven Couch, MD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis
- Bennie Jeng, MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore
- Daniel Martin, MD, Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland
- Randall Olson, MD, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City
- Carol Shields, MD, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
- Paul Sternberg, Jr., MD, Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Nashville
- Anand Swaroop, PhD, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
- Geunyoung Yoon, PhD, University of Rochester, Monroe County, New York
Instructions to access the live stream will be sent to participants upon registration. Register here.