Grinu Mathew, PhD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Grinu Mathew, PhD
- Title: Assistant professor, Eppley Institute
- Hometown: Kerala, India
- Leveraging functional genomics and preclinical models to decode cancer metastasis, with focus on prostate and skin cancer;
- Cellular plasticity in cancer and therapy resistance;
- Tumor microenvironment; and
- Mechanisms of whole genome duplication in cancer.
How I became interested in research:
The moment I observed cells under a microscope! I am fascinated by cell biology, in particular adaptive cell fate decisions priming cancer cells to metastasize and colonize distant organs.
- BE, biotechnology, Anna University, India
- MS, cancer therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute/SUNY Buffalo, New York
- PhD, biomedical science, the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- American Association for Cancer Research
- The New York Academy of Sciences
- The American Society for Cell Biology
- Society for Basic Urologic Research
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am an avid gardener who enjoys digging up the yard with our doggo, Mowgli.
- I love road trips and experiencing the local culture.
- I am a foodie and enjoy discovering "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants.
All the best for these exciting times! Lloyd
All the Best !
Good luck, God bless you
Wish you all the best Dr. Mathew.
Good Luck Dr. Mathew. Wishing you all the best.
All the very best.