Kaitlin Dougherty, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Kaitlin Dougherty, MD
- Hometown: Scottsdale, Arizona
- Title and department at UNMC: Medical education, innovation and technology fellow and staff physician, UNMC Department of Emergency Medicine
- Resident/student education
How I fell in love with emergency medicine: I love being able to take care of anything that walks through the door of the hospital. Being able to take care of infants with diaper rash to adults with cardiac arrest is something that is unique to us and I love the scope of what we do. You don't get that adrenalin rush many other places in medicine.
- BS, biology and philosophy, Creighton University
- MD, Creighton University
- American College of Emergency Physicians
Three things people may not know about me:
- I love to bake and cook (especially breads and cakes).
- I am an athlete at heart. I was on the D1 rowing team in college and now enjoy footraces and triathlons.
- I also enjoy sewing, including making clothes and quilting.