Becky DeVries, DO, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Becky DeVries, DO
- Hometown: Santa Cruz, California
- Title and department at UNMC and Nebraska Medicine: Assistant professor, breast imaging, UNMC Department of Radiology
How I fell in love with breast imaging: The patient population is rare in medicine, primarily women taking charge of their own health. It's a rewarding specialty with patients that show gratitude. I hate diagnosing cancer, but I love that we can find it early, giving a woman a chance at a long and fulfilling life. It's also a great combination of hands-on with short procedures, as well as time in the reading room.
- DO, Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Parker, Colorado
- Residency, diagnostic radiology, UNMC
- Fellowship, breast imaging, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University, St Louis
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Society of Breast Imaging
Three things people may not know about me:
- I love reality TV, even though I can feel myself getting slightly less intelligent every time I turn on "Real Housewives of New York." Can't stop, won't stop.
- On the flip side, I think social media is ruining the world, and I'm scared for the next generations.
- My sister and I both married Midwesterners and settled 175 miles apart from each other, 1,700 miles away from my parents (much to their dismay). People in California are concerned for our well-being every winter.
Great to have you back at UNMC!