Andreea Newtson is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Andreea Newtson, MD
- Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
- Current position: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology; gynecologic oncologist, Nebraska Medicine
- MD, Rush University Medical College, Chicago
- Residency in obstetrics and gynecology at University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Fellowship in gynecologic oncology at University of Iowa
Professional and medical interests: My research has involved integrating accurate clinical information with genomic data as a way of better predicting treatment responsiveness in advanced-stage ovarian cancer. More recently, I have worked on exploring patient-derived organoids as an avatar for chemo response in advanced-stage ovarian and serous uterine carcinomas. My primary interests, however, are in providing excellent and equitable care for my patients.
How did you fall in love with medicine: Science has always been intuitive to me, and medicine is a fantastic intersection between service and science.
Three things people don’t know about me:
- I am a bit of a foodie.
- My husband and I are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to pub trivia.
- I am one of those people who adopted a dog during the pandemic, and he has brought me so much joy.
Locations: Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, Cancer Center at Village Pointe Health Center
Appointments and referrals: 402.559.5068