Sarah Malik, MBBS, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Sarah Malik, MBBS
- Hometown: Peshawar, Pakistan
- Current position: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine; gastroenterologist, Nebraska Medicine.
Professional and medical interests:
- Gastrointestinal care
- Esophageal disorders
- Acid reflux
- Colon cancer screening and prevention
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Women's health
- Medical education
- Quality education and outcomes research
- MBBS, Khyber Medical College, Peshawar, Pakistan
- Residency in internal medicine, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- Fellowship, gastroenterology and hepatology, UNMC
How did you fall in love with gastroenterology: I fell in love with gastroenterology at a very early stage in my career, when I was in medical school. I loved the interaction between the clinical care and procedural aspects of the field that I got to witness and be a part of. I saw the importance of early detection during screening procedures and how that impacted long-term outcomes for patients. I also saw therapeutic procedures that helped patients acutely in distress or those who were hospitalized. All of that put together compelled me to pursue this incredible field and I have never looked back.
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Association of the Study of Liver Diseases
- American Medical Association
Three things people don’t know about me:
- I enjoy arts and crafts and painting. In junior high school, I won first place in a national art competition.
- I love traveling and exploring new places with my husband and daughter. Disney World is our favorite vacation spot!
- I enjoy cooking and baking in my free time.
Locations: Internal Medicine Clinic at Durham Outpatient Center, 402.559.4015; Multispecialty Clinic at Village Pointe Health Center, 402.559.8503
I am proud of my daughter Sarah Malik n her association with one of the best Medical Centre’s.