Anthony Murante is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Anthony Murante, MD
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Complex abdominal wall hernias and reconstruction
- Bariatric surgery
- Foregut surgery
How I fell in love with medicine: I have always been fascinated with how the human body functions and felt that a career in medicine would be a great fit. I love that I get to use my passion to help people with complex surgical pathologies.
- MD, Creighton University School of Medicine
- Internship, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Arizona
- Residency, general surgery, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix
- Fellowship, advanced GI/bariatrics/MIS surgery, UNMC
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am left-handed.
- I lived on a Caribbean Island called Dominica for about half a year.
- I love to BBQ/smoke meat and fish on the weekends.
- Lauritzen Outpatient Center
- Bariatric Center