Lindsay Helget, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Lindsay Helget, MD
- Hometown: Stanton, Nebraska
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Division of Rheumatology
- Gout (both clinical care and research)
- Medical student, resident and fellow education
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
How I fell in love with rheumatology:
I fell in love with rheumatology as a medical student for a number of different reasons. The field of rheumatology involves the treatment of a variety of musculoskeletal and autoimmune conditions, meaning I'm never bored. As a rheumatologist, I also can truly make a difference in patients' lives with constantly evolving therapeutic options. I also find it a privilege to be able to follow patients throughout the course of their lives and really get to know them.
- MD, UNMC
- Residency, internal medicine, Medical University of South Carolina
- American College of Rheumatology
- Nebraska Rheumatology Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- I attended kindergarten and first grade in a one-room schoolhouse. That schoolhouse is now part of the Stanton County Museum.
- I have an extensive Harry Potter LEGO collection.
- I love reality TV, specifically reality dating shows.
- Durham Outpatient Center
- Brentwood Clinic
- Omaha VA
We are so fortunate to have had Dr. Helget join the faculty in Rheumatology! She was an amazing fellow and continues to be an amazing addition to the Division!
So happy to have you on Team Rheum, Lindsay!