Suyong Choi, PhD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
Name: Suyong Choi, PhD
Hometown: Sacheon, South Korea
Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases
- Phosphoinositide signaling in cancer and immunology
- Novel roles of nuclear phosphoinositides in gene expression, epigenetics, DNA damage repair, and other nuclear signaling pathways
- Development of therapeutics targeting phosphoinositide-generating kinases
How I fell in love with research:
My fascination with science and research came largely from science courses particularly molecular biology and biochemistry that I took during my undergraduate studues. I realized that there is a lot more that I can discover than what we know.
- BS, biochemistry, Seoul National University, South Korea
- MS, cancer biology, Seoul National University
- PhD, cellular and molecular biology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Society for Cell Biology
Three things people may not know about me:
- I love gardening. Growing plants inspires me.
- I am a big fan of the Green Bay Packers. GO PACK GO!
- I love playing tennis.