A look back at the Cattlemen’s Ball

Below are some facts about the Cattlemen’s Ball, which was held June 3 and 4 near West Point, Neb.:












Cattlemen’s images



The slideshow above features images from the Cattlemen’s Ball, held earlier this month near West Point, Neb.





  • 4,300 tickets were sold for the 2011 Cattlemen’s Ball, which was held at the Knobbe Feedlots outside West Point.
  • Award-winning country star Sara Evans performed at Saturday evening’s concert.
  • While the total raised is still not known, organizers hoped to raise $1 million.
  • Before this year’s ball, $4.8 million has been raised for cancer research at the Eppley Cancer Center;
  • Each year, 90 percent of the funds raised at the Cattlemen’s Ball are donated to the UNMC Eppley Cancer Center. The remaining 10 percent is used in the host community for local health charities, such as enhancing ambulance services and local hospitals.
  • The 2012 Cattlemen’s Ball will be hosted by Allen and Shelly Clark of McCool Junction, Neb., which is about two hours west of Omaha.

p o Z