The Vice Chancellor for Research has teamed with UNeMed, UNeHealth, McGoogan Library, Faculty Development, the Academy of Interprofessional Educators, and Nebraska Medicine to celebrate the achievements of our Inventors and Researchers with an exciting month of activities.
Seminars and workshops are planned on a variety of topics of interest to faculty, staff, and students.
Transforming Clinical Practice through Research. Monday, October 7th, 2:00 PM, MSC 2010.
Current Trends in Biomedical Informatics. Tuesday, October 22nd, 11:00 AM. DRC 1004.
Genomics: Resolving Translational Research Challenges with NanoString Direct Digital Gene Expression Analysis Tuesday, October 8th, 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM, DRC 1004. One-on-one consultations are available for technical/application questions after the formal presentation, contact UNMC Genomics Director, Jim Eudy (402-559-3940 or email) for details.
Bioinformatics: Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA) Hands-on Training Wednesday, October 16th, 9AM - 11:50AM, MSC 2010. More information can be found here.
Simple Strategies to Improve Your Writing Monday, October 28th, Noon, DRC 1004. Presented by Jeffrey Patterson, MS, Grants and Scientific Writer/Editor, UNMC Research Editorial Office. Tips, tricks, and ideas for making writing easier, as well as ways that the Research Editorial Office can assist when you need additional editorial help towards the end of a project.
Grant Writing Bootcamp. Friday, November 1st, 9:00AM - 11:00AM, DRC 1004. Registration required, register here.
Details on the following National or Regional Symposiums can be found in the detailed descriptions in the schedule of events below, including registrations and linked agendas.
- Research Fellows Symposium, September 30 - October 4th, details here.
- Using Social Media to Advance Your Career Workshop, October 10th, MSC 2014, 8AM - 10AM
- UNeMed Innovation Week, October 14th-17th. Download the schedule of events.
- Annual GP-IDeA-CTR Scientific Meeting, October 23rd-24th. Registration required.
- Alzheimer's Disease Colloquium, October 29th, 12:30 PM - 5 PM, October 30th, 8AM - 9AM. FPBCC 101. details here.