|Meredith Michelle Keith|
In UNMC Today's Student Spotlight, we get to know some of these students, who will become tomorrow's health care professionals.
Today we meet Meredith Michelle Keith, an MPH student in epidemiology in the College of Public Health.
- Name: Meredith Michelle Keith
- Hometown: Rapid City, S.D.
- Program/Year: M.P.H. epidemiology, 2014
List three songs on your playlist.
- "Learn to Fly," Foo Fighters
- "You Don't Know How It Feels," Tom Petty
- "Life's Been Good," Joe Walsh
What sparked your interest in public health?
I have always been interested in health. Coming from a community where there are a wide range of health disparities, I have always wanted to find some way to help others, so getting a degree in public health seemed like the most logical step in doing so.
Your favorite study snack is:
White Cheddar Cheez-Its! I could live off White Cheddar Cheez-Its. It used to be just original, until this delicious flavor was created.
Your favorite app is:
Weather app. I'm a little paranoid about storms, even though I have yet to see a tornado in real life.
Three things people may not know about you.
- I tried out for the Kansas City women's pro soccer team in 2013.
- The first 10 years of my life were spent on the Cheyenne River Indian reservation in South Dakota.
- My last name would have been "Uses the Knife" had my grandfather not changed it in art school.