The vice chancellor for research has teamed with UNeMed, UNeHealth, the McGoogan Library, faculty development, the Academy of Interprofessional Educators, and Nebraska Medicine to celebrate the achievements of the med center's inventors and researchers with an exciting month of activities.
Activities begin today with the Midwest Drug Development Conference. Other meetings during the month will include:
- Cardiovascular Research Symposium, Tuesday, Oct. 2;
- Annual GP-IDeA-CTR Scientific Meeting, Oct. 10-11; and
- NeuroHIV Emerging Issues and Substance Abuse Colloquium, Oct. 23-24.
Seminars and workshops are planned on a variety of topics of interest to faculty, staff, and students.
Three keynote presentations and a new facility tour will highlight the month:
- The Art of the Elevator Pitch: Promoting Your Research will be presented at 9 a.m. Oct. 9 at the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center, Room 0.12.103. Registration is required.
- The Small Animal Bioimaging Center Open House will be held Oct. 10 at the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center. Registration is required.
- Strategies for Subject Recruitment in Clinical Research will be held at 11:30 a.m. Oct. 23 in the Eppley Science Hall, Room 3010.
- A Grant Writing Bootcamp will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Oct. 26 in the Sorrell Center, Room 1005. Registration is required.
For a list of events and registration links throughout the month, click here.