- Name: Megan Arthur, M.D.
- Hometown: Harlan, Iowa
- Title and department at UNMC/Title at Nebraska Medicine: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Dermatology; Co-director of an interdisciplinary dermatology/rheumatology clinic; director of medical student education
- Autoimmune connective tissue diseases
- Autoimmune blistering diseases
How I fell in love with dermatology:
As a medical student, I quickly became captivated by the breadth of dermatologic skin conditions. In particular, I found that dermatology provides a fascinating interplay between a wide range of specialties such as immunology, rheumatology, infectious disease and surgery. Every day my interest in the field and its advancements continues to grow. Most importantly, caring for and creating meaningful, long-lasting relationships with my patients has been an incredibly rewarding experience that I look forward to nurturing for many years to come.
- M.D., UNMC
- Residency, dermatology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Medical Dermatology Society
- Rheumatologic Dermatology Society
- Women's Dermatologic Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am an animal lover and have three dogs of my own.
- I collect cacti and succulents.
- I enjoy camping and spending time outdoors.
Clinic location: Lauritzen Outpatient Center
For appointments and referrals: 402-552-7928 (SWAT)