Sign up is now open for August fit testing. Appointments will be held between Aug. 19-30 for colleagues whose job descriptions indicate a potential for exposure to airborne and/or aerosolized diseases and are required to be fitted for a N95 respirator mask annually. The next appointments will be offered in November. Check with your manager if you are not sure if you are required to be fit tested.
The fit testing will occur during these dates at the following locations:
- Monday, Aug. 19 and Tuesday, Aug. 20: Bellevue Medical Center, ground level;
- Wednesday, Aug. 21: Nebraska Medical Center, B8109, located inside the pager office (Room B8111), basement level of Clarkson Tower;
- Thursday, Aug. 22 and Friday, Aug. 23: Nebraska Medical Center, Learning Resource Center 1, basement level of Storz Pavilion;
- Monday, Aug. 26 through Thursday, Aug. 29: Nebraska Medical Center, Learning Resource Center 1, basement level of Storz Pavilion; and
- Friday, Aug. 30: University Health Center (Lincoln), conference room 126, level one.
Sign up in Apollo for your appointment by logging in, selecting "Search for Trainings" on the left-hand side, then typing "fit testing." Plan to arrive five to 10 minutes before your appointment, which will take approximately 20 minutes. If you are late, you may be asked to reschedule.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires that the fit testing is completed on a yearly basis to ensure that the respirator you use still fits. You must be fit tested with the specific make, model, style and size of respirator that you will be using.
On the day of your appointment, bring the following forms with you:
- If you sign up for a session in Apollo and are unable to keep it, go back into Apollo and cancel your appointment. This ensures the next person on the waitlist can be informed of the opening.
- Males must be clean shaven in the area where the mask will make contact with their skin.
- Pregnant women will need to set up a fit test with Employee Health directly.
For more information regarding fit testing, please visit the Employee Health fit testing SharePoint page.
- For questions, email Employee Health at FitTest@nebraskamed.com.