Dr. Gold to speak at meeting
UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., will give his annual address to the faculty, titled "Opportunity During Turbulent Times: Building on our Achievements," at the annual faculty meeting. He will speak from the Durham Research Center, Room 1002. The virtual awards ceremony will be accessible by Zoom during the event and archived afterward.
The ceremony will be broadcast via to the following sites at UNMC's non-Omaha campuses. (Social distancing guidelines remain in effect -- attendees can also join via Zoom from their personal devices.):
- College of Nursing-Lincoln, Room 332
- Center for Nursing Science, Room 40120
- College of Dentistry-Lincoln Dixon Auditorium, Room 1145
- College of Allied Health Professions and College of Nursing-Kearney, Health Science Education Complex, Room 106
- College of Nursing-Norfolk, Room 156
- College of Nursing-Scottsbluff, Harms Technology Center, Room B132
Recipients of this year's faculty awards have been announced. The Faculty Senate recognizes faculty for meritorious teaching, service or mentoring at its annual meeting, which this year will be held virtually through Zoom on April 14. Profiles of the individual winners will be featured in UNMC Today leading up to the awards event.
This year's honorees are:
Spirit of Community Service Award
- Ally DeringAnderson, Pharm.D., associate professor of pharmacy practice and science, UNMC College of Pharmacy
Outstanding Teacher Award
- Amy Cutright, M.D., assistant professor of emergency medicine, UNMC College of Medicine
- Nicole Rodriguez, Ph.D., associate professor, integrated Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders, Munroe-Meyer Institute
- Rachel Valleley, Ph.D., associate professor of psychology, Munroe-Meyer Institute
Outstanding Faculty Mentor of Junior Faculty Award
- Anna Dunaevsky, Ph.D., professor of neurological sciences, College of Medicine
- Maneesh Jain, Ph.D., associate professor of biochemistry and molecular biology, College of Medicine
Congratulations Dr. Dunaevsky!
Congratulations Dr. Jain!
Congrats Dr. Jain
Congratulations Dr Jain
Well done Ally! :)