The COVID-19 pandemic, along with the current state of national police and community relations, has impacted us all and created a time of great uncertainty. Virtual Values Week is an opportunity to participate in activities with colleagues for encouragement and support, to show appreciation for our organization, and to highlight our similarities and how we are intrinsically connected.
During Virtual Values Week, faculty, staff and students will be able to explore and strengthen their commitment and understanding of the UNMC ITEACH values through several activities, while having fun and making lasting memories. Each day will focus on one or more of the values and provide an opportunity to reflect on who we are as an organization and why we are here.
"Virtual Values Week not only provides an opportunity to recharge our personal well-being, but allows us to re-energize one another, as well," said Giovanni Jones, employee training and development specialist.
Below is a preview of a few of the events you can expect to see during next week's celebration. A full list of the week's activities will be in UNMC Today on June 15.
Monday, June 15
- Engagement Encouraged (All day, People Are Everything platform): A little empathy goes a long way. Spend a couple of minutes today and send an e-card to a colleague or two to brighten their day.
Tuesday, June 16
- UNMC MedTalks (9 a.m., Zoom): Bring your breakfast or coffee and join us for a special UNMC MedTalk. Topics to include meeting of the minds, synergy alliance, I Connect, moving virtually, and super (Wo)Men.
Wednesday, June 17
- Wellness Wednesday (9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m., Zoom): Events to include a family fun Xtreme Hip Hop Step class, DanceFit, and a presentation on intermittent fasting, and more.
Thursday, June 18
- Revamping your budget (10 a.m., Zoom): Join Amanda Schroeder, a banking representative from Wells Fargo, as she discusses how we can improve our spending habits and adapt new ways of thinking for personal and corporate accountability, for the betterment of us all.
Friday, June 19
- Meeting of the Minds: Virtual Social Hour (4:30 p.m., Zoom): Laughter is truly the best medicine. Join us for a time of healing while you cheer your colleagues and their family members on during our employee variety show. Those interested in participating and show casing their talents should fill out this form by Monday, June 15. For questions, please contact Jackie Hankins or Catherine Hughes-Rose.
I hope all employees will take time to participate in the Virtual Values Week activities. Should be a lot of fun and give everyone the opportunity to celebrate the UNMC values.
To all that worked really hard putting this next week together for all of the UNMC employees and students.