Niyada Naksuk, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Niyada Naksuk
- Hometown: Bangkok, Thailand
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology
- Atrial arrhythmias
- Atrial fibrillation
- Supraventricular tachycardia
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Pacemaker implant
- Defibrillator implant
How I fell in love with electrophysiology: During my residency training, I was introduced to pacemaker and defibrillator therapy. The way it saves lives fascinated me, and I fell in love with the field of electrophysiology. After that, I was working with many excellent electrophysiologists. Observing how they interacted with patients and provided effective treatment confirmed that electrophysiology is the field for me.
- M.D., Mahidol University, Siriraj Hospital, Thailand
- Residency, internal medicine, University of Minnesota, 2013
- Cardiovascular fellowship, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, 2016
- Cardiac electrophysiology fellowship, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, 2018
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Heart Rhythm Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- I grew up in Thailand. There are only two seasons (summer and raining) there!
- In my high school and medical school, I used to play basketball and was a captain.
- My hobbies include traveling (always!) and weightlifting (beginner). I want to be a designer.