|Ryan Koehler, MD|
Ryan Koehler, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Ryan Koehler, MD
- Hometown: Belgrade, Minnesota
- Title and department at UNMC/title at Children's Hospital: Assistant professor in the UNMC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Division
- Surgical skill development and assessment
- Sports medicine
How I fell in love with orthopaedic surgery: As a child, I was interested in how things worked. After getting exposed to orthopaedic surgery in medical school, I knew this would be a natural fit for my curiosity. I chose to pursue fellowship training in pediatric orthopaedics because I enjoy the variety that comes with caring for everything from fractures to sports injuries and spinal deformity.
- MD, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- MS, health professions education, University of Rochester
- Residency, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville
- Fellowship, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am married with two daughters.
- I like to kayak and participate in outdoor recreational activities in my free time.
- I started woodworking as a hobby during residency.
Children's Hospital & Medical Center Specialty Pediatric Center - Orthopedics
111 N. 84th St.
Children's Specialty Pediatric Clinic
2121 S. 56th St.
For appointments and referrals: 402-955-6300
Welcome Dr. Koehler! We are excited to welcome you to Children's and UNMC and the Child Health Research Institute looks forward to assisting you with your research.