Ivy Haskins, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Ivy Haskins, MD
- Hometown: Lambertville, Michigan
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery
- Clinical outcomes
- Health policy
- Surgical quality
How I fell in love with surgery: Surgery is unique in the sense that we have the ability to diagnose a patient with a problem and fix it, or at least significantly improve a patient's quality of life related to that problem, through an operation. In terms of the operations that most interest me -- bariatric, foregut and hernia surgery -- these patients are so debilitated by their specific disease process, and to see how much they improve after surgery is so rewarding and fulfilling and has really reinforced to me that I chose the right subspecialty within the field of general surgery.
- MD, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Residency, George Washington University Hospital
- Research fellowship, Center for Abdominal Core Health, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Clinical fellowship, advanced laparoscopic bariatric and foregut surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Americas Hernia Society (AHS)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
Four things people may not know about me:
- I am a twin.
- I quote my grandma at any opportunity that I have -- she is 102, so what she says must be right!
- I have never met someone with smaller handwriting than me.
- I am scared of roller coasters.
General Surgery Clinic
Lauritzen Outpatient Center
4014 Leavenworth St.
Bariatrics Center at Nebraska Medical Center
4400 Emile St.
For appointments and referrals:
General surgery: 402-559-4075
Bariatric surgery: 402-559-9500
We are so happy to have you with us!!!
Congratulations and welcome!!!
And she’s super smart!!!
Nice, but your grandma is only 101 and 9 1/2 months!! lol.