Neil Kalsi, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Neil Kalsi, MD
- Hometown: Naperville, Illinois
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor in the UNMC Department of Family Medicine
- Substance use disorder
- Chronic disease management
- Diabetes care
How I fell in love with family medicine: I love family medicine because I am able to care for the patient and their loved ones. In doing so, I have the opportunity to partner with a household and their community to help many people live healthier, happier, higher quality lives with the people they love most.
- MD, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 2013
- Residency, Northwestern McGaw Medical Center, 2016
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Three things people may not know about me:
- I bring a Star Wars lunch box to work.
- My favorite food groups are peanut butter and pizza.
- I earned a minor in theological studies in college.
Welcome to the FM Department!!! We are so glad to have you join our amazing team. ✌🏾
Love your food groups!! And the lunchbox. I'm not a Star Wars fan, but kudos to you for showing what you love!! Made me smile.