Katie Hutchins, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Katie Hutchins, MD
- Hometown: Sioux City, Iowa
- New title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Women's health
How I fell in love with gastroenterology: Following graduation from physician assistant training, I accepted a job in gastroenterology. This was a bit of a blind leap, because my previous exposure to the gastrointestinal field was minimal. Instantly, I fell in love with the field and decided to return to medical school in order to care for my patients beginning to end, i.e., clinic appointment or hospital encounter to procedure.
- BS, Creighton University, Omaha
- MPAS, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- MD, UNMC
- Residency, internal medicine, UNMC
- Fellowship, gastroenterology & hepatology, UNMC
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
Three things people may not know about me:
- This past January, my husband Grant and I completed the Dopey Challenge in Orlando - a 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon in four consecutive days. This was Grant's first marathon and an awesome experience.
- I recently attended a culinary medicine conference and would love to incorporate this into my medical practice.
- One of my hidden talents is my ability to perform the break dancing move "the worm." Sadly, I had to retire this move to preserve my back.
Welcome back, Katie!!
Welcome back, Dr. Hutchins!
Great to have you back at UNMC, Kate!