Elizabeth Preas, PhD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Elizabeth Preas, PhD
- Hometown: Cooper, Texas
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, Munroe-Meyer Institute's integrated Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Caregiver and staff training
- Skill acquisition in children with autism spectrum disorders and related developmental disabilities
- Assessment and treatment of challenging behavior
- Treatment integrity
- Evaluations of evidence-based teaching procedures
How I fell in love with behavior analysis: I became passionate about behavior analysis when I was working with a team to start behavior analytic services for children with autism in east Texas. I was trained by the most hardworking and compassionate behavior analysts, who really paved the way for ABA and autism services in east and south Texas.
- PhD, applied behavior analysis (ABA), UNMC, 2019
- MS, clinical and counseling psychology, the University of Texas at Tyler, 2012
- BA, psychology and sociology, Austin College, Sherman, Texas, 2009
- Assocation for Behavior Analysis International
- Nebraska Association for Behavior Analysis
- Texas Association for Behavior Analysis
- Mid-American Association for Behavior Analysis
Three things people may not know about me:
- I grew up in South Korea until I was 4 years old.
- I played basketball in college.
- I went to NASA camp when I was in high school.
Welcome to MMI!