Miki Katzir, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Miki Katzir, MD
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Neurosurgery
- Benign and malignant spinal cancers
- Primary tumors of the spine
- Metastatic tumors of the spine
- Spinal cord tumors
- Back pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated disc
- MIOSS - Minimally Invasive Oncological Spine Surgery
- Vertebroplasty - Cement augmentation of fractured vertebrae
How I fell in love with medicine and cancer care: I fell in love with medicine because my parents and grandparents were in medicine, and I heard stories about how my mom and dad helped people.
I fell in love with cancer care because I felt I could specialize and help many people by treating rare diseases, often when they felt nobody else would be there.
- MD, University of Debrecen, Hungary, 2010
- Internship, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, 2011
- Residency, neurosurgery, Rambam Maimonides Health Care Campus, 2018
- Fellowship, minimally invasive and complex spine surgery, University of Washington Harborview Medical Center, 2019
- Fellowship, oncology and complex spine surgery, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2020
- Midwest Neurosurgical Association
Three things people may not know about me:
- I love to snowboard. I am lucky to say that I have snowboarded in the Alps.
- I am a proud husband and a father of two boys and a girl.
- I am originally from Israel and served three years in the military.
- Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center
- Neurosurgery Clinic at Clarkson Doctors North
Welcome to UNMC and Omaha.