Samuel David, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Samuel David, MD
- Hometown: Lincoln
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Surgery-Urologic Surgery
- Urethral stricture disease and urethral reconstructive surgery
- Urologic trauma
- Male urinary incontinence
- Neurogenic bladder and urinary diversion surgery
How I fell in love with reconstructive urology: I was drawn to reconstructive urology because I really enjoy fixing things. I'm the type of person who likes to take things apart to see how they're put together. The urinary tract can be damaged in a number of ways -- trauma, cancer, infection, surgery, etc. In reconstructive urology, the primary goal is to repair the urinary tract in a manner that re-establishes its function. There are a number of surgical approaches used, depending on the problem. Ultimately, the goal is to regain function and improve quality of life for the patient.
- Bachelor of Science, engineering, University of Iowa, 2008
- MD, UNMC, 2012
- Residency, urology, Emory University School of Medicine, 2017
- Fellowship, trauma and reconstructive urology, Emory University School of Medicine, 2018
- American Urological Association
Three things people may not know about me:
- I was in private practice in Atlanta for two years prior to coming back to Omaha.
- My favorite thing to watch on TV is the Weather Channel.
- My wife and I travel to Scandinavia as often as we can.
Clinic location: Urology Clinic at Lauritzen Outpatient Center
For appointments and referrals: 402-559-4292
Congrats and welcome back to Omaha!