UNMC students and staff are invited to participate in UNMC's De-Stress Week celebration, which runs all next week. De-Stress Week will include snacks, virtual pet therapy, yoga and more.
The following is a list of De-Stress Week events on the Omaha campus:
Monday, Dec. 7
- Breakfast on the go, 7:30-9 a.m., Sorrell Center Alumni Commons, second floor - Stop by and grab a free granola bar and fruit while supplies last (items individually packaged).
- Art History with the Joslyn Art Museum, 12 p.m., Zoom - Join Karin Campbell, Joslyn's Phil Willson Curator of Contemporary Art, for an introduction into postwar and contemporary art. No prior knowledge of art history necessary.
- Music Monday with the Nebraska Medical Orchestra, 2 p.m., UNMC Instagram & Facebook - Listen to soothing music provided by the Nebraska Medical Orchestra on UNMC's Instagram and Facebook pages.
Tuesday, Dec. 8:
- Breakfast on the go, 7:30-9 a.m., DRC II, Commons Area, - Start the morning off with a free granola bar and fruit while supplies last (items individually packaged).
- Student Snack Break, 11:30 a.m., McGoogan Health Sciences Library, sixth floor by the AskUs desk - The McGoogan Library staff will provide health snacks for students, so take a quick study break and grab a snack (while supplies last). In the library, please enjoy your snack in the study room only.
Wednesday, Dec. 9:
- Restorative Yoga, 10 a.m., Zoom - Join retired registered nurse Deb Welk as she guides us through a relaxing yoga session incorporating deep stretching and breathing.
- Managing your Holiday Stress with Dr. Alison DeLizza, 12 p.m., Zoom - COVID-19 has added an extra layer of holiday stress for many of us this year. Join Alison DeLizza, PhD, as she shares tips and tricks to better manage stress this holiday season.
- Popcorn To-Go, 2 - 4 p.m., College of Pharmacy, second floor commons - Pop on by for some free popcorn while supplies last (bags individually packaged).
Thursday, Dec. 10:
- Art History with the Joslyn Art Museum, 12 p.m., Zoom - Join Joslyn's Associate Curator of Native American Art Annika Johnson, PhD, in a lively and informative discussion about Native American Art. No prior art knowledge required.
- Paws to De-Stress, 2 p.m., UNMC Instagram - Visit UNMC's Instagram account and meet some of the adorable pets that belong to UNMC faculty, staff and students.
Friday, Dec. 11:
- Drive Thru: MavPantry Food Drive, 10 a.m. - noon, Davis Global Center cutout (north side of building) - Give back this holiday season by bringing a donation for the Maverick Food Pantry and we will provide you with a holiday treat in return. Those without a car can still donate by walking up their donation. For a list of preferred donations, click here.
- Keep Calm and Cook On, 11:30 a.m., Zoom - What we eat matters. Join us for a lively 90-minute cooking presentation that is both practical for busy people and pleasing to the palate. To obtain the Zoom link, register in the Bridge platform and search for "Keep Calm and Cook On" in the Learning Library.
- De-Stress by Drawing, 2:30 p.m., Zoom - Join UNO's Mark Gilbert as he guides us through different drawing exercises to help de-stress and relax.
Students at UNMC locations in Kearney, Norfolk, Scottsbluff and Lincoln should contact their administration to see what is being planned for them.