Corey Georgesen, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Corey Georgesen, MD
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC/Title at Nebraska Medicine: Assistant professor and director of dermatopathology, UNMC Department of Dermatology
- Inpatient Dermatology
How I fell in love with dermatology:
I fell in love with dermatology because of the opportunity to help a very diverse group of patients, young and old, through the use of clinical examination and diagnosis with the aid of a microscope.
- MD, UNMC
- Residency, dermatology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York
- Fellowship, dermatopathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatopathology
Three things people may not know about me:
- I've studied abroad in China, twice!
- I'm a huge fan of historical documentaries (Ken Burns is one of my favorite filmmakers).
- My wife is currently teaching me Korean language and cooking.