Fit testing for N95 respirators will be held at Bellevue Medical Center and Nebraska Medical next month. Colleagues who are only fitted for 1870 or 1870+ N95 respirators should plan to attend, due to limited availability of those models.
Fit testing appointments for 1860 and 1860S models are scheduled from Tuesday, Feb. 9 to Friday, Feb. 19. Sign up is available in Apollo.
The next fit testing for Nebraska Medicine, UNMC and other organizational partners will not be available until June. If there is a chance that you will be working or assisting on the COVID-19 units before then, you should sign up. Employee Health will be unable to accommodate individuals for fit testing outside of these dates.
Respiratory fit testing will occur during these dates at the following locations:
- Feb. 9-10: Bellevue Medical Center, Conference Room A and B
- Thursday, Feb. 11, Friday, Feb. 12, and Feb. 15-19: Nebraska Medical Center, Learning Resource Center 1, basement level of Storz Pavilion
Please read the instructions below regarding fit testing forms as they have changed for the upcoming February session.
Follow these steps to sign up for a fit test:
- Sign up in Apollo for your appointment:
- Login to Apollo, select "Search for Trainings" (on the left-hand side) and type "fit testing."
- Do not make more than one appointment at a time as this can take up an available time slot for other colleagues.
- Arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you are late, you may be asked to reschedule.
- Fill out and sign the Respiratory Protection Medical Form only if you have not been fit tested within the last year. This form is an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirement for all employees whose job description indicates a potential for exposure to airborne and/or aerosolized diseases.
- Fill out and sign the Consent for Treatment Form and bring it to your appointment
- For UNMC Employees only, in addition to Consent to Treatment and Respiratory Protection Medical Form, fill and sign the following forms, and bring them to your appointment
Other important information:
- Avoid eating anything sweet, sour or bitter 30 minutes before your appointment time, as it can affect the test.
- Males must be clean shaven. If there is facial hair, the mask will not be able to get a good seal and the fit test will not be passed.
- Women who are pregnant can be fit tested with the vendor since fit testing will be qualitative.
- Upon completion of their fit test, employees will receive a fit testing completion form and sticker for their badge, which will have their mask size and date of their fit test.