Arif Albulushi, MBBCh, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Arif Albulushi, MBBCh
- Hometown: Muscat, Oman
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Advanced heart failure and cardiac transplantation
- Mechanical circulatory support
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Multimodality cardiac imaging
How I fell in love with cardiovascular medecine:
When I was growing up, I always wanted to become a physician to help those suffering from medical diseases. Both of my parents were diagnosed with cardiac conditions at an early stage and required hospitalizations and different cardiac procedures in the past. The way cardiology helps to save people's lives fascinated me, especially with the emerging devices and treatments in the field of heart failure and cardiac transplantation.
- MBBCh, University College Cork, Ireland
- Residency, internal medicine, Oman Medical Specialty Board
- Fellowship, cardiovascular disease, UNMC
- Fellowship, advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology, UNMC
- The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Heart Failure Society of America
- Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology
- European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
Three things people may not know about me:
- I enjoy hiking and road trips in my free times.
- I consider myself a good cook.
- I grew up in Oman, where we only have two seasons per year -- summer and "winter."