The UNMC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation will recognize five graduating residents on June 11 at 7:30 a.m.
Graduating residents and their chosen fellowships are:
- Joshuea Cameron, MD, Academic Practice Fellowship, UNMC
- Christopher Deans, MD, Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis
- David Kusin, MD, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery Fellowship, Florida Orthopedic Institute, Tampa
- Kent Rinehart, MD, Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship, Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center, Indianapolis
- Phillip Thomas, MD, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Minneapolis/St. Paul
|Scott Porter, MD|
The guest speaker/visiting professor during the event will be Scott Porter, MD.
His lecture titles are:
- "How and Why Should White Dudes Engage?" -- a discussion on engaging more people in diversity efforts (9-9:45 a.m.)
- "Predicting Pathologic Bone Lesions Using Stout Tomography (CT) Imaging" (10:15-11 a.m.)
Dr. Porter is a professor of orthopaedic surgery at the University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine, Greenville, NC; an adjunct assistant professor in the Clemson University Department of Bioengineering for the College of Engineering and Science; and a consulting physician for Shriners Hospitals for Children-Greenville.