Heidi Hon, MD, is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Heidi Hon, MD
- Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Reconstruction after skin/breast cancer resections and traumatic injuries
- Microvascular surgery, including DIEP flap surgery, prophylactic lymphovenous bypasses
- Cosmetic surgery, such as breast augmentation, breast lift, facelift, eyelid surgery, brow lifts, rhinoplasty, body contouring and more
- Noninvasive procedures: botox, fillers, lasers, dermabrasions
How I fell in love with plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery: Plastic and reconstructive surgery is a specialty where I can combine my passion for medicine and art, with my ultimate goal of bringing confidence and happiness to my patient. I love the creativity and innovation in plastic surgery. The perfectionism, symmetry and the delicate nature of the surgeries excite me.
- MD, St. Georges University, True Blue, Grenada
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am a certified makeup artist.
- I am a certified scuba diver.
- I love traveling.