REDCap is an important resource for collection, management, and analysis of research data. UNMC’s REDCap service is accessible to all of our faculty, staff, and students. Annual fee has been established to cover infrastructure costs such as data backup, long-term storage, and Research IT Office (RITO) staff support. RITO also provides technical support for investigators that require project assistance to create their database or other customizations on a fee-for-service basis.
UNMC REDCap fee policy:
- The user must move their research projects from Development status to Production status prior to collecting real data. Changes to a production project are permitted, but if the data are to be used in a peer-reviewed publication, please be aware that reviewers may frown upon changes that have been made after the project has commenced data collection. The user must thoroughly test their project before moving to production.
- REDCap Services rendered by RITO will be charged at the rate of $60/hour for NU System faculty and $120/hour for other External Academic users. For these services, billing will be done during the following month of the services provided.
Services include (but are not limited to):
- Writing or executing custom queries to the REDCap SQL backend database;
- Development of or assistance with REDCap projects;
- Development of custom REDCap extensions/plug-ins;
- Any other REDCap task that requires intervention by RITO staff.
- The REDCap projects which use API during data transactions are required to pay a different annual hosting fee. The reason for the higher fee is because the API imposes much more load on our system than a typical project that does not use the API.
- Any project consuming more than 2000 MB of data will incur a fee of $1 for each 100 MB in excess of 2000 MB. Please note that data consumption includes data transmitted over the network, and that on average, each REDCap web page view consumes about 0.1 MB. Larger projects, projects that allow for uploading of attachments, or projects with more users will naturally consume more data, but the majority of projects will not incur data overages fees.
- RITO can archive completed projects for a $250 data management fee plus annual data storage costs. Please see our standard data storage rates for details here.
- New recruits who want to transfer projects in from another institution, or planning a new grant application, should contact RITO to establish the cost of that transfer or support so that can be included in their start-up cost or the grant budget.
- RITO can provide a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for small to large scale or multi-year projects. An SLA could include a multitude of services (custom programming in REDCap, custom report writing, integrating with other registries, dedicated programmer time, business hours service and support to the project, and others, depending on your needs). Contact us here for details.