The Oncology/Hematology Fellowship Program at UNMC is a three-year program dedicated to developing well trained oncologist/hematologists in preparation for a successful career in academics or private practice. Our fellows train in outstanding facilities, including oncology clinics in the nationally recognized Buffett Cancer Center, Village Pointe Cancer Center, and the VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System.
Our fellows have gone on to careers across the country. The program has an ABIM Board Certification pass rate of 100% over the last 10 years.
The mission of the Oncology/Hematology Fellowship at the University of Nebraska Medical Center is to train outstanding oncologists and hematologists, and to develop the next generation of leaders in the field, utilizing training that includes cutting-edge clinical, didactic, and research experiences.
Applying for Fellowship:
- Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- Applications, deadlines, and regulations are available in full detail at the ERAS website.
- Applicants with J1 and H1-B visas may apply.
- Applications will be accepted between July 1 to August 15 each year.
- Applicants are required to submit the following information with your application:
- Curricula Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE Scores/COMLEX Scores
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)