"Our challenge now is to implement the plan and achieve the results we have committed ourselves to," UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., said in an email Monday to faculty, staff and students. "We need strategic focus to accomplish our vision and mission."
In summary, UNMC's strategic plan is designed to:
- Enhance UNMC's educational programs as the most highly learning centered university in health professions education.
- Increase the research prominence as a top tier academic health sciences center.
- Advance community/global partnerships for health.
- Create an exemplary culturally competent organization.
- Advance biomedical technologies to improve health, diversify UNMC revenues and create economic growth in Nebraska.
- Strengthen employee loyalty, satisfaction and wellness.
- Position UNMC to continue to thrive during ongoing health care reform.
- Implement the Building a Healthier Nebraska and other campus projects.
Read the full plan, including specific milestones and outcomes.
Contact Fred Salzinger at email@example.com or 402-559-6389 if you want to be part of the implementation of any component of the plan.