- Name: Martin Miguel Conda Sheridan, Ph.D.
- Hometown: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- New title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
My research focuses on the design, synthesis and characterization of small molecules and biomaterials to treat bacterial infections and cancer. Later, I would like to expand to other areas, such as heart diseases. I love to collaborate with other scientists, so if someone has an idea, I am open to expand my current research interests.
How I fell in love with chemistry:
I do not know. I guess it just happened. I attended a high school that focused just in chemistry, so I have been doing this since I was 14.
Medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, biomaterials. Of course, I consider my future research group my top teaching activity.
- Postdoc at Northwestern University
- Ph.D., Purdue University (medicinal chemistry)
- M.S., University of Utah (organic chemistry with focus in methodology development)
- B.S., Brigham Young University
- Cancer Prevention Fellowship, NCI, R25CA128770, Purdue University
- Undergraduate Research Award, Brigham Young University
- Office of Research (ORCA) Award, Brigham Young University
- Finalist with honorary mention (top 10 in the country), Argentinean Olympiad of Chemistry
Four things you don't know about me:
- My dream was to become a sports journalist. I love sports. However, it was hard for me find a way to help people doing sports journalism, so I chose chemistry.
- I love traveling and eating food from different places.
- My wife is my best friend (together with my mom). When he was alive, my dad was my best friend, and we loved many of the same things, including Star Wars.
- Bonus: I am a Christian and I enjoy going to church and learning about Jesus
Amen to that "Bonus" !!!