- Name: Lani M. Zimmerman, Ph.D.
- Title: Professor, UNMC College of Nursing Lincoln Division
- Joined UNMC: 1975. Back in 1983 I took off a few years to get a Ph.D.
- Hometown: Poplar, Mont.
Dr. Gold to speak at meeting
UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., will give his annual address to the faculty, titled "We Lead the World," at the annual faculty meeting. A reception will follow the event, hosted by Chancellor Gold. The awards ceremony also will be livestreamed here.
Working with people who want to be successful in their program of research and learning how different people view their careers and plans for future research. Another reward is watching ideas grow into large grant proposals.
Describe a moment when you realized your influence made a difference in someone's career.
When I hear them tell others what helped them the most, when I hear a former student or scholar was funded and when I see students or scholars mentoring others.
List three things few people know about you.
- I grew up on an Indian reservation in northeast Montana.
- I love to go to horse races.
- I am a sports fan (football and basketball).