- Name: Matthew Garlinghouse, Ph.D.
- Hometown: Salem, Ore.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor of neurological sciences
Effects of cannabis on cognition, predicting language function post-surgery in patients with electrographically confirmed temporal lobe epilepsy, resting/f/MRI/DTI.
How I fell in love with neuropsychology and neuroimaging:
I was initially exposed to neuropsychology while working as an EMT as an undergraduate, when I happened to have the opportunity to observe a neuropsychologist briefly evaluate a patient I had assisted in transporting to a local emergency department. I have been fascinated with the evaluation of brain behavior relationships ever since that brief moment. After completing my Ph.D., I was able to combine neuropsychology with neuroimaging while on fellowship at Dartmouth Medical School. I have continued to maintain a strong interest in employing these tools for the purposes of assessing brain behavior relationships while engaging in both clinical care and research to this point in my career.
- Ph.D., clinical psychology, University of North Dakota, 2006
- American Psychological Association
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
Three things people may not know about me: