- Name: Corrine Hanson, Ph.D.
- Title: Associate professor, medical nutrition education, College of Allied Health Professions
- Joined UNMC: 2011
- Hometown: Schuyler, Neb.
With how many junior faculty members do you work?
At this time, about five.
What are the greatest rewards of mentoring?
Helping someone realize they can accomplish something they maybe didn't feel confident about alone. I experience their pride and successes, and hopefully help them see failure as a great teacher! Mentors changed my life, so it's amazing to be able to "pay it forward."
Describe a moment when you realized your influence made a difference in someone's career.
Whenever I see someone try something they wouldn't have without a mentor to give them a "push." Even if it doesn't work out exactly like they hoped or planned, they always learn and grow from the experience.
List three things few people know about you.
- One of my favorite TV shows is "Ancient Aliens," and my husband does not let me live that down.
- I have a dachshund named Dash.
- Even though I spent a good deal of time on a farm as a kid, I don't have much of a green thumb. Plants take their lives into their own hands around me.
Congratulations Dr. Corri!
Congrats on this recognition Corri!
Well deserved. Collaborating with Dr. Hanson is always an educational plus. Thanks for all that you do.
Corri goes above and beyond. She is an excellent mentor. Congratulations!
Woo hoo! Congratulations on this very deserved recognition.