- Name: Timothy Donovan, M.D.
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC/Title at Nebraska Medicine: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Radiology, Interventional Radiology Division
- Interventional oncology
- Management of portal hypertension
- Interventional pain management
How I fell in love with interventional radiology:
When my friends and family ask me what I do as an interventional radiologist at UNMC, I often struggle to come up with an adequate description. I don't know where to start. To simplify, I start by telling them that I use imaging guidance to carry out a wide variety of minimally invasive procedures using needles, catheters and wires. Although this description rarely satisfies their curiosity, the difficulty I have explaining my specialty provides insight as to why I love interventional radiology. I especially enjoy the unique patient interactions and ability to provide excellent service to an amazing network of referring clinicians. As an interventional radiologist, I am fortunate enough to treat patients of all ages, providing services for a broad range of diseases with varying levels of complexity.
- B.S., biology, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- M.D., UNMC
- Internship, internal medicine, UNMC
- Residency, radiology, UNMC
- Fellowship, interventional radiology, UNMC
- American Medical Association
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Society of Interventional Oncology
- Radiological Society of North America
Three things people may not know about me:
- My wife is currently a geriatric/hospitalist fellow here at UNMC.
- I love to scuba dive (preferably not in Nebraska), and I am a certified open water rescue diver.
- My wife and I are the proud owners of four rescue dogs.
Clinic location: Durham Outpatient Center's Heart and Vascular Center
For appointments and referrals: 402-559-8953
Congratulations Tim on your faculty appointment at UNMC. Patrick J Donovan M.D.