Dr. Gold to speak at meeting
UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., will give his annual address to the faculty, titled "Healthcare 2050," at the annual faculty meeting at 3 p.m. Tuesday in the Durham Research Center Auditorium. A reception, hosted by Chancellor Gold, will follow the event.
The ceremony will be broadcast through ZOOM and can be accessed from desktop computers or at the following sites at UNMC's non-Omaha campuses:
- College of Nursing-Lincoln, Room 336
- College of Dentistry-Lincoln Dixon Auditorium, Room 1145
- College of Nursing-Kearney, Health Science Education Complex, Room 102
- College of Nursing-Norfolk, Room 189
- Scottsbluff - College of Nursing, Regional West Medical Center, Room B132
- Name: Birgit Khandalavala, M.B.B.S.
- Title: Associate professor, UNMC Department of Family Medicine, College of Medicine.
- Joined UNMC: June 2012
- Hometown: Shillong, India
With how many junior faculty members do you work?
I work with five to seven junior faculty members.
What are the greatest rewards of mentoring?
- Proving to my children that there are people who actually benefit from my "experience" - and go on to blossom.
- Learning from the junior faculty.
- Reduced burnout.
Describe a moment when you realized your influence made a difference in someone's career.
Recently, I saw one of my mentees take a leadership role at a national level, an accomplishment that I believed was impossible a year ago.
List three things few people know about you.
- I grew up in rural India, so rural that real tigers and elephants lived in the jungle nearby, and we did not have electricity for the first few years of my life.
- I speak more than five languages.
- I am not a person who goes to the gym.
Congratulations Birgit, Extremely creditable to be recognized by your own Junior faculty. Luke Noronha, MD
Woohoo! well done!
Congratulations! Well Deserved.
Dr. K is AMAZING!!!!❤️❤️❤️
Way to go Dr. K!
Congratulations Dr. Birgit Khandalavala. It's a well deserved award and recognition.
Congrats, well deserved and best wishes!
Congrats Dr. K!!